PRECIOUS PAGES by PAULA

Thursday, June 11, 2015

CARDS! CARDS! CARDS!

Today I have a few cards to share with you.  The first two were for my Using Up Scraps challenge over at Soul Scrappers UUS18.  The challenge calls for using up metal.  As scrappers we have lots of metal in our stash already like brads, eyelets, metal sentiments and then there are plenty of other metal around the house that also could be used on cards, layouts and 'off-the-page' projects like paperclips, washers, bottle caps, wire, broken jewelry and more!

Here are my cards-




Here I used eyelets and a metal word.  (The butterfly appears metal but it's not!)


Here I used brads and another metal word.

Next is a card that I created for my Pastor from the congregation as she will soon be leaving us for a new church.  The size of the card was poster board folded in half.  I created the front using spray inks and mists.


Then I have this awesome metal cross that I felt would be great inspiration for the front.


It was a bit larger than the card but I decicded to use that and my favorite Pitt pen and traced the openings for the design.


and finally I added the beginning of one of my very favorite scriptures, Jeremiah 29:11.  I did this not only because I love it but because my Pastor shared with me that when she got the call offering her the change she prayed and opened her bible to this scripture and knew that the call was indeed divinely inspired.

I am entering this into 
Word Art Wednesday challenge #187.

My last card uses sketch #401 from Mojo Monday and was created for a family friend who graduated high school last week.  

Here is the sketch-

and my inspiration

and my card!

and a few close ups-









I am also entering this card in Craft for the Craic June challenge - the Big Occasion!

I hope you have enjoyed my cards! Tonight I hope to work on a layout, or maybe a mixed media piece!  I'd love it if you would leave a comment to let me know you were here and what you thought of my projects!














6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the sentiment :) Thank you for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne (owner)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, especially the one for your pastor. Greati inking and stamping and wonderful bible verse...one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Paula - wow you have been busy, your cards are lovely and I really like how you traced the Cross onto that beautiful background.

    You have also been busy leaving comments for my team-mates from FSC in our bloghop - unfortunately my post didn't schedule as planned but just letting you know it is now available so you can finish the hop -Thanks for supporting FSC and I hope you find time to enter our 100th challenge...Happy Crafting Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to go find the post and hop your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine!

      Delete
  4. Pretty cards!! LOVE the colors in the top one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely cards! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete